ORDER AND STOCK SYSTEM
if a certain fabric/size shows the "add to cart" option, then there are 2 possibilities:
1. we have some ready-made in stock (shown directly below the product price).
2. it is a pre-order, i.e. we have to make it for you. If this is the case, you will be able to put it in your cart and order it, and you'll realise that we wont be able to ship immediately (pre-orders usually take between 2-4 weeks)
If we have run out of stock AND fabric, it will show as "No longer available" and you will not be able to add it to your cart, it truly is all gone.
Fabric availability update: We are currently awaiting new stock of Dark Teal. As a result, if your size in these colours is not in stock, it will take an extra 2 weeks before we are ready to ship your order. Order times for these 2 colours will return to normal by the middle of November. Thank you for your patience!
* The model in the pictures is 5'7" and wearing a Layercake size 1 Smock and Large Baggies in the Long length.
The Tabard is another over-piece in the Layercake line-up. It creates an equally effective yet strikingly different silhouette to the Knitting Smock, as the points of the bottom hem are at the front and back rather than the sides. This is liked particularly well by legging-wearers who prefer the front and back of their garments to be slightly longer but love the shorter sides.
Size 3 Petite: available both in the Smock as well as the Tabard shape for size 3's of 5'4" or less.
Following here is a guideline; we recommend 5 cm (2 in) positive ease:
Size 0: bust up to 90 cm (36 in) - garment measures 95 cm (38 in)
Size 1: bust up to 107 cm (42 in) - garment measures 112 cm (44 in)
Size 2: bust up to 122 cm (48 in) - garment measures 127 cm (50 in)
Size 3: bust up to 135 cm (53 in) - garment measures 140 cm (55 in)
We also offer limited edition wool Smocks and Tabards, listed HERE. For seasonal news and special offers, sign up for the newsletter (scroll to the bottom of the page).
About the Cross-weaves:
This is 100% pre-shrunk linen that was woven to our specifications. We are thrilled with the result and trust that you will be as well.
“MY CHOICE" COLOUR REQUESTS AND HOW TO ORDER THEM:
This option allows you to pick a Layercake Linen colour that is not standard for this garment. We will then make this garment in your choice of colour.
1. Pick a colour from the big picture with the list of names and swatches.
2. Select the colour "my choice", select your size, then add to cart.
3. On the Cart page, type the colour of your choice in the "Note to The Slow Wardrobe" box.
4. Check out as usual.
The Step Top is the first of what will grow into a range of Layercakes that are sewn by The Slow Wardrobe and then, with our guidance, finished by you....
Finally, a Layercake with sleeves... Now also available in the medium weight linen; limited availability of most colours!To order a Duster in the medium weight linen, select the length, then...
Guaranteed pre-Christmas delivery:UK pre-order deadline: end of NovemberInt'l pre-orders: due to the ongoing impact of the virus, no guarantees can be given ORDER AND STOCK SYSTEMif a certain fabric/size shows...