ORDER AND STOCK SYSTEM
if a certain fabric/size shows the "add to cart" option, then there are 2 possibilities:
1. we have some ready-made in stock (shown directly below the product price).
2. it is a pre-order, i.e. we have to make it for you. If this is the case, you will be able to put it in your cart and order it, and you'll realise that we wont be able to ship immediately (pre-orders usually take between 2-4 weeks)
If we have run out of stock AND fabric, it will show as "No longer available" and you will not be able to add it to your cart, it truly is all gone.
* The model in the pictures is 5'7" and wearing a Layercake size 1 Smock and Large Baggies in the Long length.
The Smock was the start of the Layercake collection: over-pieces that make you look funky, keep you clean and can be thrown over pretty much any outfit. Whether you’re spinning, weaving, dyeing, knitting, baking a cake, or, on one occasion (that we are aware of), getting married, Smocks can be dressed up or down.
Length from shoulder (size 2): 90 cm (36 in) front and back, dipping to 115 cm (45 in) at the sides – slightly shorter in the smaller sizes.
Size 3 Petite: available both in the Smock as well as the Tabard shape for size 3's of 5'4" or less.
Following here is a guideline; we recommend 5 cm (2 in) positive ease:
Size 0: bust up to 90 cm (36 in) - garment measures 95 cm (38 in)
Size 1: bust up to 107 cm (42 in) - garment measures 112 cm (44 in)
Size 2: bust up to 122 cm (48 in) - garment measures 127 cm (50 in)
Size 3: bust up to 135 cm (53 in) - garment measures 140 cm (55 in)
We also offer limited edition wool Smocks and Tabards, listed HERE. For seasonal news and special offers, sign up for the newsletter (scroll to the bottom of the page).
About the Cross-weaves:
This is 100% pre-shrunk linen that was woven to our specifications. We are thrilled with the result and trust that you will be as well.
“MY CHOICE" COLOUR REQUESTS AND HOW TO ORDER THEM:
This option allows you to pick a Layercake Linen colour that is not standard for this garment. We will then make this garment in your choice of colour.
1. Pick a colour from the big picture with the list of names and swatches.
2. Select the colour "my choice", select your size, then add to cart.
3. On the Cart page, type the colour of your choice in the "Note to The Slow Wardrobe" box.
4. Check out as usual.
The Step Top is the first of what will grow into a range of Layercakes that are sewn by The Slow Wardrobe and then, with our guidance, finished by you....
Finally, a Layercake with sleeves... Now also available in the medium weight linen; limited availability of most colours!To order a Duster in the medium weight linen, select the length, then...
ORDER AND STOCK SYSTEMif a certain fabric/size shows the "add to cart" option, then there are 2 possibilities: 1. we have some ready-made in stock (shown directly below the product price)....