This year, the Dress has found its rightful place in the Layercake line-up.
We offer it as standard in Pinstripe and Small Check Linen and for this Autumn, adding both Charcoal Linen and our signature Large Check Scottish Wool.
If you would like a different colour for you Layercake Dress, please contact me by email and I'll see what I can do to accommodate your wishes!
In terms of sizing, please use the following info as your guideline: order your usual Layercake size (0, 1, 2, or 3). Then consider the 2 lengths:
- the Regular dress is 44.5in (113cm) in length, measured from the shoulder straight down
- the Long dress is 50in (127cm) in length, measured from the shoulder straight down
For those of you new to Layercake sizes, please visit the sizing page and/or use the following guide; we recommend 5 cm (2 in) positive ease:
Size 0: bust up to 90 cm (36 in) - garment measures 95 cm (38 in)
Size 1: bust up to 107 cm (42 in) - garment measures 112 cm (44 in)
Size 2: bust up to 122 cm (48 in) - garment measures 127 cm (50 in)
Size 3: bust up to 135 cm (53 in) - garment measures 140 cm (55 in)
What does this mean? For frames of 5'6" and up, you have the choice of either length, with the Long variant hitting you at your ankle and the Regular variant hitting you mid-calf. For frames of 5'5" and below, automatically choose the Regular length. Please contact me if you have any questions.
If a colour/size combination shows as "unavailable" then both the garments and the fabric are out of stock and we do not expect any new fabric in the next couple of months at least.
ABOUT OUT OF STOCKS: if a certain fabric/size shows as pre-order, it means we DO have more fabric, the garment just needs to be made for you, so if you place an order for a pre-order item, please allow 3-4 weeks for delivery.
Note: at this stage, we will not do any bespoke fits for the Dress. We may be able to accommodate those in the future but during the launch you can only choose from the 8 size variants offered. Thank you for your understanding.
* The model in the pictures is 5'7" and wearing a Layercake size 1 Smock and Baggies in the Long length. The Smock was the start of the Layercake collection:...
* The model in the pictures is 5'7" and wearing Layercake size 1. The Tabard is another over-piece in the Layercake line-up. It creates an equally effective yet strikingly different...
* The model in the pictures is 5'7" and wearing Layercake size 1. This is first ever playsuit I have worn that looks fabulous, feels like the most comfortable piece...