Finally, a Layercake with sleeves...
Firstly, about the Small Check Short Duster:
This is a pre-order for delivery in July. Introductory price £149.00 until the end of May. Price from 1 June: £169.00 (to cover higher fabric price).
ABOUT THE LTD EDITIONS:
- Once we run out of these fabrics, they will not come back, so if any of these takes your fancy, do not delay.
- Update 21/05: the Short Oatmeal is sold out, sorry.
- All fabrics 100% linen, none are pre-shrunk, so they need a cool wash and air dry.
- If your selection can not be added to your basket, then we have run out of both Dusters and fabric to make more of them.
It's been in the pipeline for too long, but it is finally here!
And...the Duster is the first one-size-fits-all Layercake.
As always, the design was based on fitting frames between 5 and 6 foot in height and between UK dress sizes 10 - 26 (EU 38 - 54, US sizes 6 - 22)
It comes in 2 lengths. If you inhabit a shorter frame and are a smaller size as well and are worried that the longer one swamps you, then opt for the shorter version.
The measurements below are taken with the garment lying flat. The front panels overlap a couple of inches when its lying flat but the Duster is designed to be worn loose and open, so there is a LOT of freedom in terms of sizing.
|Hips*||Length front||Length back|
74cm / 29"
|31cm / 12"||83cm / 32.5"||64cm / 25"||84cm / 33"|
74cm / 29"
31cm / 12"
83cm / 32.5"
|100cm / 39.5"||120cm / 47"|
* Double these numbers for a total circumference
* The "headless" model in the pictures is 5'7" and wearing Layercake size 1 Smock and mini Tabard and the Long Baggies. Harem trousers, hog-catchers, potato-sacks, you name it. Lots...
FABRIC UPDATE:Red Cross-weave Linen is scheduled to arrive at the end of June (hurray!) so out of stock sizes are available again for pre-order FOR DELIVERY MID JULY. All available garments in Red...
The Layercake Skirt is perfect for wearing with a Smock or Tabard or with that fab jumper you've recently finished knitting yourself. When we started to wear these ourselves (we "road-test"...