The idea for this little project originated when I saw a visitor to the Studio wearing a small cross-body Wayuu Mochila bag. It seemed like a perfect opportunity to try my hand at crocheting my own Layercake Linen 3-ply. I love the sturdy fabric that emerges when using a 2mm hook and working in only Double Crochet stitches!
I made it big enough to carry even the biggest Smart phone, lined the bag with Layercake Linen (which makes it a double-sided bag and also serves as some extra padding to project any big phone inside from knocks) and added a long cross-body strap. The content is kept safe with a magnetic closure and burnished brass clips at the ends of the strap make the bag look really smart.
HOW TO BUY:
1. Choose your yarn colour (for the outside of the bag)
2. Choose your lining fabric (for the lining and the strap**)
**If you want a contrasting lining but no contrasting strap, you can opt to crochet a strap in the colour of your bag ; there is enough yarn in the kit to crochet a strap instead.
Each kit contains:
- 50gms of linen 3-ply (except for the Cottage Garden variant, which contains approx. 60gms of yarn)
- enough linen fabric to line your bag and give it a long strap
- a set of magnets
- a set of burnished brass clips
Note: in the knitted 3-ply sample the main colour is Purple, the contrast colour is Natural (un-dyed linen) and the accent colour is Slate (dark grey)
Note: the sample in the picture is crocheted using the Cottage Garden yarn with the Small Check lining.