SIMPLIFIED ORDER AND STOCK SYSTEM (JULY 2020)
if a certain fabric/size shows the "add to cart" option, then there are 2 possibilities:
1. we have some ready-made in stock (shown directly below the product price).
2. it is a pre-order, i.e. we have to make it for you. If this is the case, you will be able to put it in your cart and order it, and you'll realise that we wont be able to ship immediately (pre-orders usually take between 2-4 weeks)
If we have run out of stock AND fabric, it will show as "No longer available" and you will not be able to add it to your cart, it truly is all gone.
September fabric update: We are currently awaiting new stock of Dark Teal and Pinstripe. As a result, if your size in these colours is not in stock, it will take an extra 2 weeks before we are ready to ship your order. Order times for these 2 colours will return to normal by the middle of October. Thank you for your patience!
* The model in the pictures is 5'7" and wearing a Layercake size 1 Smock and Large Baggies in the Long length.
These overalls come in the usual 4 Layercake sizes. Their length can be adjusted quite substantially at the shoulders, which ensures they can be worn full-length by bodies measuring from 5'2" to 5'10". On shorter frames, there is the option to turn up the legs (they have a 8" facing to enable easy folding/rolling and this also adds to their drape).
The key deciding factor for size is whether the opening at the waist fits over your hips. In the grid below, you can see the measurement of the garment and the corresponding body measurement. As you can see, the body can be larger in circumference than the garment, it will pull on fine and the actual hip measurement of the garment is a lot bigger so will easily fit the max hip measurement for each size. If you are unsure, please drop me an email and I will help (firstname.lastname@example.org)
|Layercake size||Waist measurement
|0||98/39||Up to 102/40||6 - 12|
|1||110/43||Up to 115/45||12 - 16|
|2||128/50||Up to 134/52||16 - 20|
|3 / 3petite||144/56||Up to 150/58||20 - 26|
About the Cross-weaves:
This is 100% pre-shrunk linen that was woven to our specifications. We are thrilled with the result and trust that you will be as well.
“MY CHOICE" COLOUR REQUESTS AND HOW TO ORDER THEM:
This option allows you to pick a Layercake Linen colour that is not standard for this garment. We will then make this garment in your choice of colour.
1. Pick a colour from the big picture with the list of names and swatches.
2. Select the colour "my choice", select your size, then add to cart.
3. On the Cart page, type the colour of your choice in the "Note to The Slow Wardrobe" box.
4. Check out as usual.
The Step Top is the first of what will grow into a range of Layercakes that are sewn by The Slow Wardrobe and then, with our guidance, finished by you....
Finally, a Layercake with sleeves... Now also available in the medium weight linen; limited availability of most colours!To order a Duster in the medium weight linen, select the length, then...
SIMPLIFIED ORDER AND STOCK SYSTEM (JULY 2020)if a certain fabric/size shows the "add to cart" option, then there are 2 possibilities: 1. we have some ready-made in stock (shown directly below...